Nowadays, everybody is depending on the internet. We do our meetings, presentations, conferences, emails, through the internet. We have been addicted to our virtual life. As most of the office activities are done through the internet, so it is important to have our project backup on a cloud drive so that we can access it from anywhere.
Most of us are using Google Drive but there is some other popular cloud drive that can be more secure and user-friendly.
Today, I will be discussing how to take your file’s backup on OneDrive and restore it to your PC.
Before we get started I would love to share an overview of OnDrive to those who do not know much about it.
OneDrive is a file hosting service created by Microsoft. OneDrive was started in 2007. You can upload files, photos, whatever you want to take backup.
Once you sign up for free you will get a free space of 5GB. If you want to increase the space you have to go for a premium plan. OneDrive is available in 107 languages.
How You will Take Backup from Your PC
- Sign in to your OneDrive account.
- Once You Sign in, you will see a dashboard. On top of the dashboard, you will see New and upload. If you want to create an office file then select New, or else select upload.
- After selecting upload you will see a drop-down menu that shows files and folders. Select what you want to take backup.
- Select your desired file or folder and click open.
- You are done.
How You will Take Backup from Your Devices
- Login to OneDrive Apps
- Click the (+) sign on the top of your screen
- Select your desired option
- Select the file you want to upload.
- You are done.
How You Will Restore Files from OneDrive
- Sign In to your OneDrive account
- Select the file or folder you want to restore
- Click Download
- Select your desired location
- Click open and you are done